Sunday, November 17, 2013

IRB Intro: "The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls

This book is about a girl named Jeannette Walls who had unconditional love for her family despite its ups and downs. I chose this book because many people have recommended it to me. Every single person who has read this book, as far as I know, loves it. So I decided to give it a shot as well.

I am looking forward to seeing life in another person's point of view. I've never had any major struggles in my life, compared to Jeannette Walls, so it will be interesting to be in another person's shoes, imagining what they saw, feeling what they felt. 

What I hope to gain from this book is another viewpoint of life. I feel that I am unaware of real hardships and struggles. So by reading this book, I feel that I will be able to read another person's life and see how they struggled and fought through it. My hopes are pretty high for this book, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment