Sunday, February 2, 2014

IRB Intro: "The Nazi Officer's Wife" by Edith Hahn Beer

This is a memoir about a woman named Edith who is a Jew living during the Holocaust. She lies about her identity to keep herself from getting persecuted. She meets a man named Werner, a member in the Nazi party, who falls in love with her and promises to keep her identity hidden. Will Edith survive?

I chose this book because I wanted to read about other perspectives of the Holocaust than from Elie Wiesel. I think this book will be really interesting because this woman is not living a horrible life, since she lies about her identity. But will she be living peacefully even after that?

I hope to gain more insight into the troubling days of the Holocaust. Because of this book, I get to see a whole other side of this time period. I can't wait to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment